Constructed in 1914, this building was originally home to the Raleigh Furniture Store and later to Kimbrell’s Furniture Store. This stand-alone structure is a National Historic Property that retains its original brick exterior, featuring an original, painted advertisement on the external west-facing three-story wall. In 2009, Empire completed a historic tax-credit rehabilitation of the building. That rehabilitation introduced modern mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems into the building and made sensitive alterations such as adding windows to the west elevation to allow natural light, while simultaneously maintained the primary of original features—exposed beams and soaring ceilings on the third floor, tin ceilings on the second floor, original hardwood floors throughout. Today, the building is a vital component of Hargett Street, with hard good retail on the first floor, service retail on the second floor, and office on the third floor and lower level.