Located in the heart of downtown Raleigh, the five-story brick building at 319 Fayetteville Street was originally constructed in 1915 as a Belk Department Store. After closing in 1995, the building was completely renovated in 2005. The addition of large, tile-glass windows created a modern feel, while the preservation of its original brick structure helped maintain its historic character. The result was the mixed-use condominium building that stands today.
Today, the top four floors are residential condominiums. Empire purchased the commercial units on the first floor in 2021. The commercial spaces are leased to a variety of tenants. The name Hudson lives on in the current structure.