Built in 1913, The Raleigh Building originally consisted of three floors. It was commissioned by the Raleigh Banking and Trust Company, the building’s original tenants. In 1930, the final eight stories were added atop the then existing floors. In 1993, this monumental Neo-Classical building was added to the National Register of Historic Places. The buff-colored brick serves to offset the white of the terra cotta ornamental elements and aluminum window frames.
In November of 2021, Empire Properties purchased the historic building. Today, the street level is home to retail tenants while the upper floors house a variety of professional office tenants.