210 Fayetteville Street was built in 1954 by the WT Grant Department Store. Although the building has been in constant operation, the defining features of the original 1950s construction remain--expansive aluminum and glass storefront, austere stack bond brick façade, soaring ceiling heights, terrazzo floors. However, much of the building has been mothballed in recent decades, and building systems are well past their useful life. Empire purchased the property in 2019 and plans to engage in a full shell rehabilitation in 2022.
The ~35,000 square foot building is composed of a full basement, a voluminous first floor with a mezzanine extending over the Salisbury Street half of the space, a warehouse space on the second floor, and a mechanical mezzanine on the roof. The basement and first floor spaces will be excellent for retail users, and the industrial second floor and mechanical mezzanine spaces have significant potential as office environments.